I've made different kinds of baby food before but this was my first time making peaches. I get all of my ideas and recipes from wholesomebabyfood.com.
- Wash the peaches, cut in half and place face down in a pan of water 1 inch high.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until soft. It took me about 30 minutes.
- Remove the skins and pit.
- Puree and blend in a food processor until smooth (use the reserve water from the baking pan if needed for thinning out).
- Pour into ice cube trays, cover with plastic wrap and freeze.
Once the food freezes I remove from the tray and place in a freezer bag. I label the bag with the type of food and date stored.
For this project I only had two peaches left and those two peaches ended up filling 7 ice cubes. Each ice cube is about 1 ounce, so I have seven ounces of peaches. Next week I'll be buying a whole bag of peaches and making a whole lot more baby food.
After the peaches were finished baking, I had Ethan stand on a chair next to me to assist in removing the skins. He didn't like the texture at all and giggled while saying "ooh, yuck." So I removed the skins while he laughed at me. Then we placed the peaches in the food processor. I showed him how to turn it on and off. He did a great job of remembering which button did what and would turn it on and off when I asked.
As I filled up the ice tray I had him practice his counting. "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7!!"
When we were all finished I let him sample the peaches and he got to clean off the spoon, his favorite part!!