Thursday, March 3, 2011

M is for Monkey

Exhausted is the word that comes to mind as I write this post. I had no idea how much time and energy goes into parenting! I love my boys to pieces, they are my delight and joy, but they are wearing me out! :) I have so much respect for my own mother, she was and is truly Super Mom! All this to say that I've decided for now, while Ethan is still 2, we're only going to do preschool one day a week. Thursday will be that special day. Today highlighted the letter M and the focus was on monkeys of course!

Here are my monkeys ready to learn!

Bible lesson:
  • Open in prayer
  • Read today’s devotional (from The One Year Devotions for Preschoolers)
  • Sing Sunday School songs

Story and Music Time:
  • Read Five Little Monkeys Reading in Bed (by Eileen Christelow)
  
            
Ethan had a blast singing Five Little Monkeys with the puppets and bed. I made the bed out of a cereal box and construction paper. The puppets were made by printing out monkey clip-art from Microsoft Word and then pasting onto craft sticks.



Snack:
  • Bananas of course!

Online Learning:

Craft:

After our structured preschool time I always have the special book basket available with books containing titles or themes with the letter of the week. Ethan loves to read the stories to himself. I love that he has a love of reading! 






1 comment: